Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Starting from Scratch as an Independent Virtual Assistant

Having to work 3 years as Virtual Assistant in a Filipino-Owned Company, sure was a rewarding experience. I started without even knowing how to create and send an email or even answer a phone. I thought the 3 months of comprehensive call center training was enough to get me started working in a virtual world with U.S. based clients -- but it was a big mistake. It takes a whole lot more of confidence and lots of exposure to be able to carry out work assertively not to mention the academic competence on the subject matter being performed.

3 years isn't enough, i know, but at least i have already gained knowledge, experience and confidence to carry out tasks virtually. Now, i am happy serving 15 clients, all based in US, and is more than happy to receive good feedbacks about my services so far.

Add to Technorati Favorites



2 comments:

iluvgreen said...

hi im currently looking for virtual assistant job. Can i submit my resume to you? thanks

QVA4Less said...

Hi there, please send me a skype message at msdony82 and I'll see what I can do. Thanks.