Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Ways to advertise your Blog

I came across this article at ezine as I was researching ways on how to advertise this blog. The title of the article is How to Advertise Your Blog by Fauzi Mohd Darus. The information is laid out neatly and is being presented in a very simple manner. I learned the following suggestions from this article:

Join bloggers forum
Visit Other Blogs
Submit to Blog Directory
Signature in Email
Join Exchange Link Program
Public Bookmarking
Submit to Search Engine
Ping your Site

I am familiar with some of the tips given like joing bloggers forum, visiting other blogs and leave comments and I believe this is what they call blog commenting, submitting to blog directory, putting your blog url in your email signature and public bookmarking.

I still ought to learn about Link Exchange, submitting to search engine and pinging your site. I am familiar with Link Exchange and submitting to search engines but i am not really knowledgeable enough how to start doing so. Pinging your site it is definitely new to me.

I guess i need more researching.

2 comments:

Philippine Virtual Assistant said...

Regarding blog directories, I suggest technorati and blogcatalog. Use also stumbleupon and facebook to promote your blog. Social media plays a big role to gain more traffic.

-Damien Lewis

Unknown said...

yipo andInteresting and very informative topic. Thanks for sharing your ideas, can't wait for another one. Cheers!

personal assistant ph